The Value of 1 opened Sunday, April 6th, with a 3:00 matinee. The audience, which filled the theater almost to capacity, was clearly moved by the show. The dancers could hear the audience alternating between thoughtful sighs and laughter as the text and dancing unfolded. The standing ovation was also a good indication that they enjoyed what they saw and heard.
After the show, we asked the audience for their “one word reviews” but most couldn’t hold themselves to just one word. Here is what they had to say after the show:
- I loved the stories by each of the dancers.
- All of it was amazing.
- Another spectacular, uplifting performance! Thank you!
- Pamela never disappoints! Another excellent show! Love it!
- Philosophical [plus a graceful doodle]
- Wonderful! I loved the references, the humor and the depth. Great show. – A
- Yay Hank the music was great [Hank Lawson composes original music that accompanies the spoken text for each show.]
Bev Sykes of the Davis Enterprise also reviewed the show in an article titled “Dance Through Life with ‘The Value of One'”.
Shows continue Friday, April 11, and Saturday, April 12, at 8:00 at the In House Theater in the Pamela Trokanski Dance Workshop. For more information, please see our The Value of 1 Preview.